Let’s face it – all kids LOVE chicken nuggets! But another truth is that ‘regular’ fried chicken nuggets aren’t the healthiest snack or meal for our kids. This chicken nugget recipe is easy, and kids will enjoy the final product just as much as the unhealthy original! Recipe brought to you by Sweet Cheeks Headquarters.
1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. chili powder
1 tsp. oregano
1 tsp. garlic granules
1/4 cup almond meal
1/4 cup coconut flour
1/4 cup macaroon coconut
1/4 cup coconut oil
- Preheat frying pan with coconut oil on medium/high heat.
- Mix your almond meal, coconut flour and macaroon flour in a shallow dish and set aside.
- Beat your eggs in a shallow bowl and set aside.
- Cube chicken breast, and put onion and chicken in a food processor. Process until smooth.
- Make balls of 1 oz. Dredge in breading, then egg, then back in breading.
- Set the balls on a plate and flatten into chicken nuggets.
- Cook in oil for 2-4 minutes on each side, until golden brown.
- Remove from pan and set on paper towel to drain excess oil.
- Serve with your favorite veggie, such as carrots, broccoli or asparagus.