As the ?Whole Life Challenge Worldwide? approaches, we?re all getting excited and amped up for this incredible event. Everyone?s getting their fish oil ready, buying a foam roller and lacrosse balls for your mobility, and clearing out all the junk from your fridge and replacing it with ‘WLC? approved food. Life is great, until you run into this problem??How do I stay Paleo while I?m on the road?? Don?t worry, you?re not alone. As a matter of fact, everyone has been in that situation. To keep you on track with your healthy lifestyle while having fun with friends, we have come up with some tips and a list of our favorite places that while not 100% ?Paleo ? will get you fairly close.
- Stick with ?Paleo? ingredients: Meats, vegetables, nuts and fruit.
- For the road trips, camping in the wilderness and similar activities, pack the paleokits and coconut water. If those are not available, regular pre-packed beef jerky will do, but is not the most ideal.
- If you?re at a restaurant, order any entree with meat being the center of the dish, and if possible (most likely) tell the kitchen to replace the usual side like mashed potatoes, rice or fries with steamed vegetables…and skip the complimentary bread?I know it’s very tempting
- Alcohol is out of the question, especially beer. If you’ve gotta have one, stick to clear liquor and don?t go over 1-2 drinks. Skip the chasers and mixers too.
- Steer clear of fast food restaurants, their foods (even the meat) could survive a nuclear attack!
Our list of some of our favorite ?Paleo? friendly diners:
- Swankey’s Taco Shack
- Los Pilares
- Fresh Slices
- Ghenghis Grill
There you go guys…as long as you stick to the tips above, you should have no problem staying within 90% of Paleo. Remember, these do not replace a proper home cooked meal, so don?t take this for granted. However, these will help you out when you’re out with friends or in a pinch and can’t cook for yourself.
Disclaimer: For the WLC…you will have to know exactly what is in EVERYTHING you are eating….yes, you’ll have to ask all those questions at restaurants to figure out if the food is WLC approved or not. However; outside of those 8 weeks, the tips and restaurants above can help you stay around 90% Paleo compliant at all times.
Good luck and see you at ?Whole Life Challenge Spring Throwdown!’
And just as in our last challenge, you are welcome to invite your friends and family to play along with you in the game and have them get the same great results that you get!
Here are the details:
Entry Fee: $45 for everyone–all members, friends, and family.
Prelims: Saturday, February 16th
Finals: Saturday, April 13th
Athlete registration is open at Click Here!
Friends & Family may play along with you, but you must be registered first to invite them to join.
Your first step — visit the official Facebook event page and like it! It’s already starting to populate with affiliates and players from around the globe!
For more details, talk to a staff member or your coach!